Each semester, students' academic achievement is recognized with placement on the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's List.
Graduation with Distinction
In recognition of outstanding academic excellence, the College of Arts and Sciences recommends bachelor's degrees with three levels of distinction: Distinction, High Distinction, and Highest Distinction—the latter requiring a thesis.
University Honors Program
The University Honors Program gives undergraduate students in any major to make the most of their time at Nebraska by choosing experiences, classes, and work opportunities that allow them to live their passions.
- includes small, interactive, and interdisciplinary seminars and a continuum of hands-on experiences
- high school seniors and current students can apply
Optionally, any course can be contracted for Honors credit
with the Honors program.
Honors courses in the department
- COMM 109H: Fundamentals of Human Communication
- COMM 189H: University Honors Seminar
- COMM 209H: Public Speaking
- COMM 399H: Senior Honors Seminar
Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society
Many of our students belong to our chapter of Lambda Pi Eta (LPH), the National Communication Association’s official honor society at four-year colleges and universities. As an accredited member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS), Lambda Pi Eta has active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide.