The UNL Communication Studies Communication Center is located in Louise Pound Hall (LPH) 301 and is currently only available to students enrolled in COMM 101, 209, and 286. If you are in one of these classes, please register for an account through our online scheduling system.
- Click "Register for an Account."
- Fill out the Registration Form.
To make an appointment:
- Log in to the UNL Communication Center.
- The white boxes are available appointments. Click the box for a day and time that work for you.
- Complete our Appointment Form and save the appointment.
- You will get a confirmation email after scheduling and a reminder before your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Communication Center tutors look forward to helping students enrolled in COMM 101, 109, 209, and 286 develop speaking notes, overcome speech anxiety, and improve speech delivery. Although we are happy to give suggestions to help you improve, you should always defer to your instructor's feedback on assignments and guidance.
Before working with a tutor on any extemporaneous speech, meet with your instructor. We look forward to helping you improve your delivery with respect to your instructor's feedback.
- The hours are posted for the term.
- Tutoring sessions are in 30-minute increments, and we welcome walk-ins.
- We will not be open the week of final exams.
Hours and Planning Ahead
To meet with a tutor, you must make an appointment.
Any changes to our hours will generally post by Saturday at 2:00 p.m. CST. Lab tutors will make every effort to maintain the center's posted hours. If the lab needs to close, an announcement will be posted in Canvas, and an e-mail will be sent to all students with impacted appointments. We appreciate your patience on those rare occasions when the lab closes unexpectedly
Do not come to the Communication Center for an initial visit on the same day the assignment is due. Students should aim to leave plenty of time to visit the lab and make suggested adjustments to speeches before assignment due dates.